Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back to the zone

After a week of pure relaxation, coming back to work is definitely a drag. But oh well, this is life, I supposed.

I'd like to share some thoughts about interviews. Our company is currently looking for 'associate' developer, a nicer name for a Junior, I supposed, and I was amazed by how good quality of the candidates were by looking at their resume. If I were to be brutally honest, I felt kinda intimated by them. The applicants that we've seen so far all have Master degree, and all of them have real work experience as well, they are all in their 30s.

I think sitting at the interviewer side of the table should definitely benefit me if I ever attempt to be on the other side. From 'this side', I've got to pay more attention to the other side of the table. Not sure if the metro-side of me got into the way, but the first thing I found myself curious to see was the first impression. Did they dress appropriately? Did they know how to do the handshake? And then of course, in the killing boring technical questions part of the interview, how good they hit the points, how well they carried themselves when they didn't understand the question. And how they showed their logical thinkings when they were asked problem solving type of questions.

I kinda have interview phobic; always dream that I would say the most stupid or ridiculous thing in an interview. And this is probably one of the reasons why I am so 'loyal' to the company. :) So... sitting on this side of the table kinda makes me wonder how well I can do on the other side.

No comments: